One would think an Introductory post would be the first thing a blogger would share, but who wants to do EVERYTHING by the books, anyway? Welcome to my journey of finding myself…tomorrow we shall wanderlust but until then I am fine being wanderLOST!
She turned and walked the direction she wanted to go, by herself. It wasn’t something she wanted at the moment, she just wanted chicken, in a sandwich, dipped in sauce…it really didn’t matter except she knew the goal was chicken. Who was this girl? Well, she was me, the moment before I felt changed as a person. This moment took place during my filming and production of, “16 States in 16 Days”, amazing photos and videos coming your way soon! But, I am specifically NOT a solo-person, someone who is great at taking care of me and spending time, comfortably, with myself…that is SO not, well…me. Yet here I was, in the middle of the French Quarter and Bourbon Street at 1 AM, eating chicken all by my lonesome.
Listen to a podcast of this travel article here: https://anchor.fm/theregoessararose/episodes/Ep-8-WHY-Read-a-Travel-Blog—Introducing-Sara-Rose-e156vie
Why do this? Why is this moment important, now?
- Because I was once scared, and didn’t realize it. Scared the world would tell me I was wrong about so much I thought I knew.
- Because, I am hoping, it will help you realize: I didn’t just walk out my door one day and become who you see in front of you and that isn’t your story either…it takes effort and energy to move in such a direction. But it is worth it; I will share how I did it and how you can too!
What I hope to publish here is not only my story, and how I got here, but also share tidbits of what I learn along the way to help you with your story. Tidbits on the path to financial independence, photography, web development & design, living with physical and mental health diagnoses, what it is like to travel now (post-lockdown), striking out on your own, leaving friends and family behind for a moment to find your path and more! Even more exciting are the things I am going to share with you we don’t even know about yet, as we have yet to discover them!
To help you get started, here are a few questions to ask yourself on your blogging journey and my thoughts on the matter:
- “Why am I blogging?” If you bleed passion and creativity out of your brain faster than your finger tips can keep up, you may be here to inspire others to action more so than yourself.
- “What am I blogging about?” ThereGoesSaraRose.com is about travelling to create art, creating art to travel. A natural painter, I find the need to research and see the world at a closer view before I can create and of my artistic passion with others. A travel blog allows me to share the moment of epiphany/inception-to-creation. I am sharing a blueprint for fellow artists, with the long-term goal of owning my own art gallery.
- “Who shall be a fellow Adventurer? What is your demographic?” The curious, the kind and the passionate. Everyone cannot drop what they are doing right now and begin a travel adventure, but we can support others in their journey and receive support in our own growth. From someone who took thirty-four years to see more than the West-coast of the USA, I can only encourage you to work up to the moment you DO decide to travel and share what we can until then. You travel when you are ready, I will be here with you until and after then!
- “If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?” I had to share this question as is, as it was asked of ME, so that I can share with you…as much as I have hopes and expectations for what this blog and travel-life can mean to me and others…at this point…I literally just hope to blog successfully throughout the next year…how about that for easy goals? For instance, it can take me all afternoon to, i.e. figure out how to share my Amazon journal on my website and case-in-point for why this blog wasn’t shared when I wanted to yesterday! But we shall be appreciative for each accomplishment. On a personal note, I would love to know that I am taking care of myself as much as I am taking care of others in a self-sufficient way. Adventurers, hold me to that comment, will you?
You and I are not locked into anything, we are specifically here to grow and change together. I am going to try, and I am not going to give up; there is so much more I could promise myself, but one blog post at a time, am I right? Peter Dinklage, an actor from a favorite TV show of mine (but a person who has been through more obvious struggles than the average one of us), made this comment in his speech to a graduating class, “I waited a long time out in the world before I gave myself permission to fail. Please don’t even bother asking. Don’t bother telling the world you are ready. Show it. Do it.” (Dinklage, 2012) I am ready for this, are you?
Until next time….I am off to hang out with all of YOU in a Twitch stream! Apologies as this post was supposed to go out yesterday, here is to making mistakes and enjoying each learning lesson. Let that sink in.
See you in a few friends!